First of all, it is definitely worthwhile to put some effort into the selection! You will spend many years with your floor and buying one does often hit one’s wallet hard. Regretting your choice every time you set a foot on your floor is therefore the worst thing that could happen to you. And still, the offer today is so vast and the technological possibilities so advanced that literally everyone will be able to find their dream floor covering. Forget all outmoded axioms and clichés and start with writing down how and for what purposes you will be using the new floor, where do you want to have it installed and what conditions is it required to withstand.
- What is its desired lifespan?
- How often and with what degree of care are you willing to maintain your floor?
- Can the floor withstand your plans (consider the volume of traffic it will receive; will it be exposed to water or fluctuations in temperature; is there a risk of abrasion or mechanical damage etc.)?
- Do you need a hard or a rather soft floor?
- Do you want a floor with good thermal and sound insulation properties?
- What’s the permissible height of the flooring?
- Are you looking to have a floor covering that gives a warm or a rather cold impression?
- What design do you like most?
- Does anyone in your home suffer from allergies?
- Do you plan installing underfloor heating?
- Are you looking for a natural or an artificial material?
- Do you want your floor to be environmentally friendly?
- How much are you willing to invest?
As you can see, you will be faced with many difficulties that need to be resolved. Whilst every material boosts some undeniable advantages, there are some ills, too. Look at our products menu to obtain thorough information about each type of floor or visit our Floor Studio. The members of our trained staff are happy to provide advice and assistance in the planning of the best and most economic solution that fully meets your expectations. We can supply the entire project – from the design and the preparation of the underlayment to a professional installation. We also arrange for the removal and disposal of your old floor along with all the rubble.